Tristan Da Cunha Climate & Temperature
- Tristan Da Cunha, Tristan Da Cunha is at 37°2'S, 12°19'W, 23 m (75 ft). See map.
- Tristan Da Cunha has a marine west coast climate that is mild with no dry season, warm summers. Heavy precipitation occurs during mild winters which are dominated by mid-latitude cyclones. Seasonality is moderate (Köppen-Geiger classification: Cfb).
- The average temperature is 15.1 degrees Celsius (59.2 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 7 °C (12.6°F). This indicates that the continentality type is hyperoceanic, subtype barely hyperoceanic.
- In the winter time records indicate temperatures by day reach 14.3°C (57.8°F) on average falling to 10.7°C (51.2°F) overnight.
- In spring time temperatures climb reaching 15.3°C (59.6°F) generally in the afternoon with overnight lows of 11.3°C (52.4°F).
- During summer average high temperatures are 20°C (68°F) and average low temperatures are 16°C (60.8°F).
- Come autumn/ fall temperatures decrease achieving average highs of 18.3°C (65°F) during the day and lows of 14.7°C (58.4°F) generally shortly after sunrise.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 1681 mm (66.2 inches) which is equivalent to 1681 Litres/m² (41.23 Gallons/ft²).
- On average there are 1494 hours of sunshine per year. Visit the sunshine and daylight section to check monthly details including how high in the sky the sun reaches each month.
- Were you to burrow down through the centre of the Earth from Tristan Da Cunha you would pop up nearest to the climate station at Simusir Island, Russia.
Tristan Da Cunha Climate Comparisons
In depth comparisons with over 3,600 world destinations. Better understand a climate by comparing it relative to one you know (check it out):
Rio de Janeiro,
Tristan Da Cunha Climate Graph in Metric Units
Tristan Da Cunha Climograph in English Units
Please help others find this resource by sharing the link:
Climate of Tristan Da Cunha, Tristan Da Cunha Discussion
Post your insights, comments, questions, answers, feedback, error reports, related link suggestions etc. using the easy form below.
Currently under general maintenance.|
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides: